An Israeli man was hospitalized Friday after a snake bit his genitals while he was on the toilet. A 35-year-old unnamed man from northern Israel was visiting his parents in the Lower Galilee town of Nofit when he went to the bathroom.
While on the toilet, he got the surprise of his life: A snake crept up from inside the bowl and bit his penis, according to The Times of Israel’s report, based on a television news story. After the bite, the man “ran from the room in horror” and was later taken to Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center for treatment.
Hospital staff at Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center confirmed the snake-bite story to The Huffington Post. “There will undoubtedly be bite marks on the area in question,” a representative from the hospital said, per Australia’s Daily Telegraph. “The snake was not poisonous. The man is currently under observation pending additional test results and as soon as we get the results, he will be able to go home.”
“This is the first time I’ve seen a snake bite like this,” one of the paramedics who treated the man added. “Luckily, all tests seem fine and the man is feeling well.”
Such an incident might seem quite out of the ordinary, unbelievable even, but it has reportedly happened before.
Back in 2009, a 51-year-old Taiwanese man sustained minor injuries when he was bitten on the penis by a snake while on the toilet, the Britain’s Telegraph previously reported. The snake was believed to have entered the latrine through a crack in the septic tank.
“It was the snake’s signal for help when it bit me,” the man, identified as Lin, was quoted as saying. “If it hadn’t maybe it would have been stuck in the septic tank and either suffocated or starved to death. It looked like an accident but it was actually fate.”
Source: Huffington Post
Comments are closed.