Who are Africa’s most bankable urban music stars? That’s what Forbes Africa is letting us know.
Forbes Africa recently partnered with urban music station, Channel O Africa to create the Top 10 Most Bankable Urban Artistes list. According to Forbes Africa’s website, the top 10 were determined by factors such as other business ventures and current endorsement deals.
The criteria also includes popularity, Youtube views as well as social media influence.
Unfortunately no female African artiste is on the list.
1. AKON – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste
2. DON JAZZY – Producer. CEO Mavin Records, Influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit
3. P SQUARE – Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries, they fly private jet…
4. D’BANJ – Music Artiste. International music brand, GO D Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal
5. WIZKID – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN
6. 2FACE IDIBIA – Music Artiste. 10million disc and at least 7million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philantropist – 2face foundation
7. ANSELMO RALPH – Music Artiste Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multi million dollar tour bus, Sony artist.
8. SARKODIE – Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana
9. ICE PRINCE – Music Artiste. Six million
downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation
10. BANKY W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winner